I’m setting a table for my four imaginary friends that I’m having over for my Halloween party. Just kidding! I have real friends. Unfortunately, this time of year is so busy that they aren’t free for Halloween dinner. So my family will have to humor me because I want to get into the Halloween spirit.
To make it special we are going to eat in our living room so we can hear trick-or-treaters. I set up my DIY folding table in front of the fireplace instead of the dining room. The whole setup only takes a few minutes.
These are the supplies I used, which are all readily available from Amazon listed below (free shipping and fast). If you get just a few of these it’s a great opportunity to have people over and you don’t have to cook a big meal. It’s acceptable to order pizza even and make a salad!
- Black napkins – these are a great idea to have for entertaining because they don’t show stains. You will be surprised how often you can use black decorations.
- Burlap table runner – gives the table a rustic look. This is an easy DIY project. You could use a gauze table runner for a spookier look.
- Copper chargers
- Black tableware
- White plates – Even boring white china can work for Halloween.
- Brown salad plates
- Black candlesticks – Any color would work if you get black taper candles
- Pumpkin centerpiece – in years past I’ve loaded this pumpkin with dry ice. You could use velvet pumpkins for a more elegant Halloween table
- Black crows
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
The color scheme for this table is copper and black. I prefer copper to the traditional orange. When you choose a color palette for your table, try to use that same color in two or three places. For example, I have copper chargers and a copper pumpkin. I have black candle holders, black flatware and black napkins.
You don’t have to use orange to decorate for Halloween. Here are decorating ideas for fall decor that are NOT orange, in case there are others out there that don’t love orange.
Halloween table centerpieces are inexpensive because you can ALWAYS use a pumpkin in the center of the table, even if you don’t carve it. You don’t have to spend a lot.
If you want more ideas here are the best Halloween table decoration ideas:
- cool skull centerpiece that you can make yourself.
- here is a really chic Halloween table with black table settings. You can replicate this look on a budget if you have black tablecloths and black plates.