Today I’m participating in a Christmas Cheer Holiday hop with a few blogging friends. We will all be sharing the different things we are working on for Christmas, from DIY gifts to decorating and food. There’s a little bit of everything. Be sure to scroll to the bottom for all the ideas and inspiration.
As for me, I’ve been experimenting with salt dough cookie ornaments. I recently discovered how easy it is to make AND how long it lasts. Did you know it lasts for years? Once they harden they almost feel like scrabble tiles.
I’ve been making everything with it, and today I’m sharing my garland.
Steps For Making A Cookie Garland
The first step is to make and the cookies. I shared the specifics of the cooking making here. Once you have the cookies you can paint them, or stamp them or shellac them. I really like the way they looked natural star cookies and snowflake cookies without paint. I made them in various sizes.
I choose every product I review. I may earn an affiliate commission if you buy from one of the product links, at no extra cost to you. This income supports this site. See the full disclosure.
- Choose the ribbon you want to use. I used a red and natural twine ribbon.
- Decide how long you want your garland to be. I was going to make one long garland, but I decided that was going to be really hard. Instead I made a bunch of six foot strands.
- String the first cookie on and secure it with a knot.
- Add the second cookie about 5 inches from the first (or spaced however you would like them) and knot that one.
- Continue untill you get a strand full. (My cat really enjoyed them too.)
- Repeat. I used a few of them for gift tags too.
Now it’s time to see all of the other crafts. Happy holidays.
Easy Christmas Crafts to Make and Sell (Chas’ Crazy Creations)
Make This Stunning Light Up Christmas Display From Dollar Store Bowls (Celebrate & Decorate)
2021 Christmas Tour First Stop The Dining Room (The Dedicated House)
Christmas In The Dining Room (Thrifting Wonderland)
Salt Dough Cookie Garland (you are here)
Simple Vintage Inspired Ornaments (The Crowned Goat)
Twine Tree Tutorial (Saved From Salvage)
Whipped Topping Candy (My Recipe Treasures)
Christmas Cheer With Father Christmas (Common Ground)
A Gift Guide And Yesteryear Wisdom for Our Arduous Trek When Losing After 50 (The Inspired Eater)
Snowmen Bring Christmas Cheer to the Fireplace (Penny’s Treasures)