What do you think of when I say bean bag? My son recently asked for a bean bag chair. I had a vision in my head of what bean bag chairs look like, and it wasn’t a good one. I am happy to report I was wrong. There are some really good looking bean bags out there.
I think they are making a come back and I wanted to share the decent ones I found with you, just in case you’ve got a teen that wants one too.
If you are looking for a bean bag chair for a teen or child, I recommend getting on with a removable AND washable cover. I’ve noted which of the options below meet these criteria. I went with the Moon Pod. I’ll share pictures after the holidays because it’s a gift.
I choose every product I review. I may earn an affiliate commission if you buy from one of the product links, at no extra cost to you. This income supports this site. See the full disclosure.
- Moon Pod – This chair comes in five colors and two sizes, the smaller one has a 48″x48″ footprint. The beads in this are supposed to make you feel like you’re “floating”. The beads are made of custom density EPS (Expanded PolyStyrene). This chair weighs 12 lbs and takes up four feet. The cover is washable.
- West Elm’s square version – The cover on this is not removable. There are three colors, sand, olivine and bluebird. The footprint is 40x25x51. The cover is NOT washable.
- Chunky knit bean bag – This one has a boho feel to it. It looks like a cozy sweater and comes in 10 unique colors and three sizes. The seller is a five-star seller. This ships from the UK, shipping is expensive (>$100), but the chair is inexpensive (approximately $200). The cover is NOT washable.
- Faux fur bean bag chair – Pottery Barn Teen has a ton of bean bags that come in two sizes. This one is so pretty. All of the bean bags are sold with a separate cover and insert. The prices vary depending on the cover. The cover is dry clean only.
- Square outdoor bean bag – This chair is from Noble House. The floor dimensions are 40″x45″ and the cover is water resistant and really affordable. The cover is NOT washable.
- Modern bean bag – This one looks really unique. The price is really low (around $130) which is below other chairs on the market and ships for free. It comes in 4 colors and is made of linen and cotton. It has a removable cover.
- Teardrop bean bag – This comes in two colors, cream and grey. The footprint is 40″x39.5″. The cover is NOT washable.
- Faux Fur bean bag chair – This one comes in ivory. It has a very adult look, even though the shape is a traditional bean bag shape. This one CAN be washed or dry cleaned.
- Leather Bean Bag chair – this one looks almost like a regular chair. It comes in two sizes, the small is 28″ and the large is 32″. It is NOT washable.
- Love Sac – These are really pricy because they aren’t really “beans”, they are stuffed with memory foam. You can choose a size big enough for the whole family or just one person. They also have lots of cover choices. I didn’t include a picture, because I really dislike the way they look. But they are supposed to be really comfortable.
- Amazon bean bag – really affordable option.
If you have someone in your life who is looking for a bean bag, I hope this helps you to see there are some stylish options out there.