I love burlap because you can do so much with it. This week is our monthly roundup of fun crafts and DIY projects. Be sure to read to the bottom to see all other ideas.
Welcome if you are here from Zucchini Sisters!
Mine are always simple enough for a child to do (because that’s my level of crafting skill). I also like to keep things easy. I saw a similar idea for burlap bunnies on Pinterest. My inspiration had a white body over the burlap, but I was happy with it with just the tail. This is a 10 minute craft.
Supplies for Burlap Bunnies
All you need to make these bunnies are some basics:
- Burlap fabricp – I used scraps
- White pom-poms
- Glue and hot glue gun
- Ribbon – You could use any color that goes with your napkins
- Mod Podge (optional)
How to Make the Bunny Napkin Rings
I drew out a bunny on a piece of paper to use as a pattern. Since it’s burlap, it make sense to use a pretty simple figure without a lot of details like feet because the burlap unravels.
- Cut one bunny and then use that one as a pattern to cut the rest.
- Paint over the bunny with a thin layer of mod podge. You don’t have to do this, but if you want to reuse them they will hold up better.
- Glue the pom-pom on the bottom.
- Tie ribbon around your napkin and up around the bunny’s neck.
You could use any color ribbon. I used green to go with my napkins (but I fell a little short and finished up with raffia).
Now let’s see all of the great Spring crafts. The next stop from here is a great idea for any bench in your home that needs a refresh.
- How to Make Fabric Covered Easter Eggs
- Burlap Bunny Napkin Rings (you are here)
- DIY Storage Bench Cover
- Make a Lavender Wreath
- DIY No Sew Bunny Pillow
- How to Make a Decorative Fabric-Covered Clay Pot
- How to add Spring to a Vintage Truck
- DIY Mossy Wreath for Easter or Spring
- Clothespin Spring Wreath
- Easy Light Bunny Craft
- Floral Ice Cream Cone
- Air Plant Pods