Simple Wall Clock Decor Ideas
Are you looking for ways to fill up your blank walls, but you aren’t quite ready to buy a lot of art? Lots of people don’t think of a clock as art, but these days there are so many large ones that can make a real statement. If you don’t have a clock they can be a great bargain choice in place of artwork.
You will see why clocks are so amazing if you try hanging one up for a week and then take it down. You will actually miss it. I promise you will realize how often you looked at your clock. You will miss a clock if you hang one and then take it down. Clocks are that rare wall decor choice that can be useful and great looking.
I don’t know the psychology behind it, but I love to have a clock in every room. Clocks come in all shapes, sizes and styles. They are also SUPER easy to make if you have something that you want to hang up and make into a clock. Here’s the super affordable clock from IKEA in my kitchen.
Clocks by style
Clocks can go with any style. There are farmhouse, modern, coastal, traditional and bohemian clocks if you search for them. , but here are some ideas of clocks that would fit in your home or apartment depending on your style.
My favorite places to buy a clock are Etsy, IKEA and Amazon. Etsy has more unique one of a kind styles and Amazon and IKEA have real bargains.
modern wall clocks
Modern clocks are clean and sleek. A large modern clock on a white wall can be as good as any piece of art.
- Jomparis 12″ Wooden Decorative Round Wall Clock on Amazon
- Large 15″ stone clock from Wingedclockdesign on Etsy – This seller has great reviews. The clock comes in three sizes
- Modern clock from modernclock on Etsy – The numbers are mirrored gold
farmhouse wall clocks
Farmhouse clocks are all about reclaimed or painted wood. If you like to DIY these can be fairly easy to make, see below.
- Reclaimed wood clock by Hazeloaksfarm on Etsy – This clock comes in 4 different sizes.
- Farmhouse clock by Purecountrydesign on Etsy – This clock also comes in other styles
- White rustic farmhouse clock on Amazon
Boho Wall Clocks
Bohomian style is eclectic and colorful. To find a clock that could be used as art in a bohemian style room, you have to look for something outside the box. For unique one of a kind things, the place to go is Etsy.
- DenverDesigns wall clock on Etsy- This unusual clock really is a piece of art. You can choose from two different types of wood, walnut or oak.
- Midcentury wall clock by ZangerGlass on Etsy – This clock has a quirky, unusual look that is one of a kind. It’s made of glass.
- Sunburst clock by Snazzyneatshop on Etsy – This clock can look so different depending on the color of your wall that shows through.
If you have a traditional style you may before a clock that looks more refined
- This clock from Ikea is large (23 inches) and very affordable.
- Bernard 18 inch clock on Amazon.
- Minimalist Framed Wall Clock from Art + Interior – This comes in multiple finishes.
A clock can be made out of just about anything that you can cut a hole in to fit a pin through. Here is a photo of what the clock’s mechanism looks like. You can buy them with hands on Amazon for under $10.
The pin, just hast to go through the center of whatever you want to make the clock from. The hands attach to the front of the clock movement. You don’t necessarily have to have numbers even since most people can tell what time it is without seeing the actual number.
You can make a clock out of anything. It doesn’t even have to be round. It can be anything that is meaningful to you. Here are three I found that might give you some ideas.
The first clock is made from a bicycle wheel (see my DIY version here), which I seem to have lots of extras because my husband is always changing his. This second clock has a hole in a round piece of wood, and there’s a leather strap around the outside to hang it. The third clock is one that I designed on PicMonkey, and it is for sale on Amazon (no affiliate link, I just like it). I’m an animal lover so I’ve come up with a few different animal silhouettes.
If you haven’t tried hanging a clock in your home, try it and I promise you won’t go back. Be sure to get a clock with a silent movement so there is no loud ticking noise. Clocks are a budget friendly piece of art that can go in every room.
Before you go, you might also enjoy budget friendly artwork alternatives and where to buy vintage posters.