Do you struggle with what to get your mom for Mother’s day? I’m usually a procrastinator, but I also hate to go to the store. I prefer shopping online, even though returns are trickier. Here are my Best Mother’s Day Gift ideas for 2019.
Edible Gifts for Mother’s Day
- Fragrant & Beautiful Tea – Both my mother in law and my mom love to drink tea. A few years ago I found Harney & Sons. Not only are their teas delicious, but they come in beautiful tin boxes, perfect for using as a planter once the tea is gone. They have a gift set that is two tins of tea and a lovely gift box.
- Wine – I recently tried some wine from Scout & Cellar. Have you ever wondered why you can drink wine on vacation if you are in Europe and there are no side effects? I have issues if I drink more than one glass in the US. Scout & Cellar finds and tests wine to find what they call “clean crafted” wines. These wines have low levels of chemicals and no added sugar. They do have a gift basket, but I like the individual bottles better because it’s a better price.
Wearable Gifts for Mother’s Day
- Comfortable Shoes – I’ve never been one to wear high heals. I know they look good, but I like being comfortable too much. I recently found some great shoes for summer that are perfect for mother’s day and not super expensive from Hey Dude. I bought them in red. They are washable and so light and cute.
- Vinrella – This isn’t something you wear, but it’s something you carry. It’s an umbrella in cover that looks like a wine bottle, and only $22. They have lots of cute designs if you don’t like the wine bottle umbrella.
Home Gifts for Mother’s Day
- Daily Soak – I love soaps that are hand made and not full of chemicals. The Daily Soak has soaps that are vegan and handmade. They not only smell good, they also look good. They have an Etsy shop or you can buy direct. They have a gift set that is $20 for four soaps that are the best-selling flavors.
- Flameless candles – The other day I was in Pottery Barn and they have these flicker flameless wax candles. They looked so real I was fooled, the flame moves. Unfortunately they cost more than the candle holder, but they are so cool. I found some on Overstock that look similar but far cheaper (and not wax). They also have a timer. A 3″ candle is $14.99 vs $43 at pottery barn. If you are looking for a splurge the Pottery Barn flameless candles won’t disappoint.
Book Gifts for Mother’s Day
Maybe I’m late to the party since these are both best sellers but I thoroughly enjoyed reading these two books in the last year. They have one thing in common, a young girl who overcomes the odds. One is fiction and the other is a memoir.
- Where the Crawdads Sing – This was on the Reese Witherspoon’s reading list so everyone may have already read it. It is so easy to visualize this story that it made it feel true. Can’t wait for a movie, but it will be hard to cover the time period that is covered in the book.
- Educated – This memoir is the jaw dropping story of a woman who grows up with no education, yet manages to go on to get her PHD from Cambridge. I thought it would get boring, but it’s one unbelievable story after the next.
This is not a sponsored post, all opinions are my own.
- Mother’s Day Gift Duo from Harney & Sons
- Scout & Cellar Zinfandel
- Daily Soak Gift Set
- Hey Dude Shoes
- Flameless candles
- Vinrella Wine Umbrella