Home Decor Finds at Costco
I recently joined Costco and the first place I went was the “home” department. What a disappointment. They had nothing I was even tempted to buy. A few sheets and towels, but even those were unexciting.
But wait, have you ever checked into Costco’s Home decor stuff ONLINE! That’s where they keep the good stuff. You can only find it by going to the “shop” and “view more categories.” This will take you to all kinds of lighting and furniture.
I’m sure these items change as their stock changes, but I wanted to share a few of the goodies and encourage you to check it out if you belong to Costco. It is by no means a panacea, but there are a few good finds.
Best Home Decor Finds at Costco
You probably won’t be able to see these items unless you are logged into your Costco account.
- Harstine leather chair – This chair comes in green and brown. Real leather for $470 is not bad. I like all of the stitching detail.
- Monroe vabric chair 2 pack – This chair comes in three colors and the price is good for two chairs with nail-head detail for $640 ($320 each).
- Harry accent cabinet – This comes fully assembled and it has wood or glass panels for $600.
- Laura Ashley (haven’t heard that name in a while) comforter set has 7 pieces.
- Oil rubbed bronze beveled mirror – I think this would look great over a sink, too. It’s 26×32.
- Microwave bowls with lids – These ARE in the store and I almost picked them up but I was in a hurry.
- Serving set – 5 pieces, would be so cute for appetizers/finger food.
- Set of 2 lamps – This is a good deal for two large lamps for $110.
- Set of 2 glass lamps – This set is $89
Costco is not a place to find lots of stuff for your home, it’s a place to find an occasional surprise.
What NOT to Look for at Costco
These are the areas I wouldn’t waste time shopping at Costco:
- Rugs – the selection is very limited and they are NOT a bargain, the only exception is a bath mat. A much better place to rug shop on a budget is Overstock. Read where I like to splurge or save on rugs.
- Bedroom Furniture – Most of the furniture comes in sets, which feels outdated. I don’t like all my furniture to match.
- Sofas/Sectionals – The prices in this area are crazy high. If you’re in the market for a sofa read 3 tips for buying a sofa on a budget that will last.
- Curtains/Drapes – The choices are WAY to limited.
The Best Healthy Foods at Costco
The original reason I decided to check out Costco was because Bobby of FlavCity shared his healthy picks. I came home with these four: 1.) sliced grass-fed sirloin, 2.) grass-fed jalapeno cheddar sausage, 3.) a tub of WildBrine Kraut, which is surprisingly delicious and 4.) a giant box of Mary’s Gone Crackers (I buy these on the regular).
What do you like to buy at Costco? Love to hear your favorites in the comments.
Andrea, thanks for Costco tips. I just had Mary’s Gone Crackers last night for the first time and they are delicious! And I think I am going to buy one of those lamp sets. Such great info! Thanks for sharing! I hope to feature you on my Saturday Meanderings.