This has been a very busy October, but I was finally able to get my Halloween cards out to family friends. I created these custom cards using my scanner, printer, exacto knife, and foam stickers.
- The card base are very simple 8.5 x 11″ cut in half to 8.5″ x 5.5″, then folded to 4.25 x 5.5″. On the front side of the card I made a scribble to serve as the background texture.
- I made the drawings of the ghosts & boo by hand and scanned them in so that I could make multiple copies.
- I then cut them out and applied them to the card basic by using the foam adhesive so that there was a dimensional element to these.
You could make cards like this for any holiday, and if you do not have a scanner you could just draw all of the elements out for a unique card every time. Have a happy holiday!
There have been a lot of branding changes for airlines this year, most noticeably Southwest Airlines.
(Original story from Brand New)
I was never found of the heart in Southwest branding, but now with the new look as well as the advertisements that go with it I have warmed up to it quite a bit.
(Original Story from MauiNow.com)
The plane design is a little subdued for an island airline, but I like the logo and its sweet simplicity.
(Originally from Brand New)
Love that livery. It is more whimsical and more stunning than most airlines.
(originally from Skift)
I love this simple and stylish approach to the logo, and the livery is grabby and well designed. Gotta love that bear.
(originally from CreativeRoots.org)
Definitely check out that link from Creative Roots. They have the history of the new design and how it originates from local craftsmen and culture. Embracing the local is a home run for this brand. One of the best looking airlines out there, and embrace a lot of heart.
I have said it before, Halloween is my favorite holiday. Pinterest makes it too easy to come up with great ideas for decorating your home for the holiday whether you like goth, vintage, cute, whimsical or fall harvest, finding the perfect link is possible. I have been feeling very eclectic this season. These are just some of my favorite spookily festive pins lately:
I love the multi-use these traditional Christmas trees can get with a few bats, ribbon, and halloween sprigs. I will be trying this style out this year. Thanks Ella Claire for this wonderful idea.
A beautifully simple cake that I can use the bat shapes that I had made previously.
These “Love Potions” are a prefect party gift at your Adults Halloween Party.
A very sweet centerpiece.
Lat week I took a little trip with my husband to Kansas City. Merriam, Kansas had recently opened an IKEA and I was excited to go see what all the fuss was all about. It was amazing (especially that chocolate cake)! IKEA is not the only new venue the area had to offer.
- The new Cocoa Dolce store at Prairie Fire is worth a visit (love those french macarons).
- My first visit to a Pizza Studio, what a wonderful concept of designing the pizza you want to eat.
- Our favorite burger joint, Blanc: Burgers & Bottles, has tasty options of Gouda fries with bacon, truffle fries, Kobe burger with IPA Bacon jam, and the inside out burger are especially amazing.
- Not far from Blanc is a must visit Murray’s Ice Cream locally made ice cream that is a family favorite, but bring cash they do not accept credit card.
- I always take a visit to the paper source to get more envelopes and specialty papers.